|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 1, 2018|
PA-13: Wellness Program
|1.00 / 1.00||
Does the institution have a wellness program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all students?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all staff?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all faculty?:
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s), including information to support each affirmative response above :
Western provides a number of on-campus health-related services to help students to achieve optimum health. These services are designed to help students get treatment for any health concerns that may arise. One example of these services is the Wellness Centre, located in the University Community Centre.
Faculty and Staff:
Western faculty and staff members have access to a broad range of health services and supports.
- The Western Workplace Health Clinic provides occupational health surveillance, occupational and non-occupational medical care and treatment, and a safe space to share both work and personal health concerns and/or issues.
- The Family Practice Clinic is open to staff and faculty members and their immediate family members (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician
- The Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) offers 24/7 access to confidential emergency telephone support for all employees. Full-time and other eligible employees and members of their immediate family also have access to a range of EAP services including confidential, face-to-face or secure web-based counselling.
- The Western Ergonomics Program includes work site assessment, design consultation, descriptions of physical demands, job coaching and return to work assessments.
- Western Health and Safety works with individuals, departments and faculties to ensure a safe working environment.
- Rehabilitation Services promotes employee health and wellness and strives to minimize the impact associated with disability throughout the organization.
- Smoking Cessation - student and staff supports to stop smoking, including research centres, extended health plan coverage, and the Employee Assistance Program
- First Aid and CPR training is available on campus through SERT - the Student Emergency Response Team.
- Your Western Benefits - Full-time employees at Western have access to an Extended Health and Dental Plan that helps pay for many health services not covered by OHIP. On the "Your Benefits" page, choose your employee group to review the coverage available to you.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.