|Submission Date||Nov. 13, 2018|
PA-4: Diversity and Equity Coordination
|1.67 / 2.00||
Does the institution have a diversity and equity committee, office, and/or officer tasked to advise on and implement policies, programs, and trainings related to diversity, equity, inclusion and human rights on campus?:
Does the committee, office and/or officer focus on students, employees, or both?:
A brief description of the diversity and equity committee, office and/or officer, including purview and activities:
The Office of Intercultural Education is responsible for the development and leadership of intercultural education activities, trainings and programs that educate and promote awareness, understanding and appreciation of diversity and inclusion on campus and increasing multicultural competency throughout the campus community.
In addition, Disability Services, the Office of Religious & Spiritual Life, LGBTQ and the Slater International Center are available to provide individualized assistance and information to students.
Also, the Advisory Committee on Minority Recruitment, Hiring, and Retention focuses on increasing minority presence in the faculty.
Estimated proportion of students that has participated in cultural competence trainings and activities (All, Most, Some, or None):
Estimated proportion of staff (including administrators) that has participated in cultural competence trainings and activities (All, Most, Some, or None):
Estimated proportion of faculty that has participated in cultural competence trainings and activities (All, Most, Some, or None):
A brief description of the institution’s cultural competence trainings and activities for each of the groups identified above:
Wellesley offers a wide array of cultural competence trainings and activities including:
- Community Conversations for staff throughout spring and summer
- Faculty workshops in spring and summer with Associate Provost and Academic Director of Diversity & Inclusion
- The Division of Student Life does a variety of trainings with their own and open to the community with religious and spiritual life, the first generation network, transgender speakers, and themed months such as LGBTQ month and Latin History Month
- The Curriculum Committee, Tenor and Promotions Committee, Agenda Committee, Minority Recruitment, Hiring, and Retention Committee (MRHR), and Diversity Coalition all have regularly scheduled meetings and trainings
- Trainings and activities by the disabilities office
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.