|Overall Rating||Bronze - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 4, 2014|
Orange County Community College
PAE-4: Sustainability Plan
|3.00 / 3.00||
Does the institution have a sustainability plan that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of how multiple stakeholder groups were involved in developing the plan:
The college’s Sustainability Master Plan was drafted by the Sustainability Committee (see PAE-1 for committee membership and representation) and presented before the College Assembly (body of faculty, staff, and student representatives) for feedback and revision before being accepted in its present form.
A brief description of the plan’s measurable goals :
Brief Description of Plan’s goals
I. Planning, Administration and Engagement
• Develop policies and procedures to promote sustainability principles in campus-wide decision making.
• Establish administrative contacts for green initiatives in all campus departments.
• Design all new building projects according to green standards (i.e., LEED certification).
• Create a full-time position of sustainability coordinator.
• Reduce energy usage.
• Reduce water usage.
• Reduce amount of solid waste generated.
• Utilize green standards for all custodial and maintenance projects.
• Purchase “green” products (those whose production and distribution incur minimal environmental impact) to the greatest extent possible.
• Use landscaping practices that minimize runoff and other environmental impacts.
III. Education and Research
• Incorporate sustainability topics and issues across the curriculum.
• Promote sustainability principles in campus activities.
• Coordinate sustainable resources for use by faculty, staff and administration.
• Create a campus-wide awareness of “green” issues.
• Coordinate with other community groups
A brief description of how progress in meeting the plan’s goals is measured:
The Sustainability Master Plan includes general target dates for all actions that it lists. In AY 13-14 the college’s Sustainability Committee and coordinator will draft a Climate Action Plan (as a member of ACUPCC) and formalize components of the college’s Sustainability Master Plan into specific short-term and long-term goals that have associated target dates. The use of STARS for periodic monitoring will provide additional monitoring of the college’s progress.
The website URL where more information about the sustainability plan is available:
The year the plan was developed or last updated:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.