|Submission Date||Feb. 27, 2019|
University of Louisville
EN-13: Community Service
|4.65 / 5.00||
Number of students enrolled for credit (headcount; part-time students, continuing education, and/or graduate students may be excluded):
Number of students engaged in community service (headcount):
Percentage of students engaged in community service:
Does the institution wish to pursue Part 2 of this credit (community service hours)? (if data not available, respond 'No'):
Total number of student community service hours contributed during the most recent one-year period:
Number of annual community service hours contributed per student :
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Does the institution include community service achievements on student transcripts?:
Does the institution provide incentives for employees to participate in community service (on- or off-campus)? (Incentives may include voluntary leave, compensatory time, or other forms of positive recognition):
A brief description of the institution’s employee community service initiatives:
In 2013, UofL instituted the following Community Service Leave Policy:
Purpose: The University of Louisville recognizes the importance of community involvement and encourages employees to participate in volunteer activities by providing flexibility in work schedules and paid leave opportunities.
- To promote community engagement through public service and our Signature Partnership.
- To promote involvement in community schools, supporting learning and student success.
Eligibility: Community Service Leave of one day during a calendar year (pro-rated for part-time employees) may be approved for regular (classified, professional and administrative) staff members, subject to the following guidelines:
- Employees, whose performance is deemed satisfactory, are eligible to request Community Service Leave.
- Employees must receive prior approval from their supervisor. The supervisor may require leave be taken at an alternative time, based on operational needs of department. Employee may be required to provide documented proof of volunteer service hours from service organization.
- Community Service Leave does not contribute to time worked in determining overtime and will be offset by any additional time worked during a work week.
- Unused Volunteer Leave may not be carried over to the following calendar year; whenever an employee moves from one unit to another without a break in regular continuous service, unused Community Service Leave shall be transferred to the new unit for future use during the remainder of the calendar year; and will not be paid at termination.
Usage: Community Service Leave may be used for the following initiatives:
- Involvement in schools (daycare, K-12; public or private).
- Volunteering in a community service organization.
- Disaster relief and emergency volunteer activities.
Exclusions are as following:
- Partisan political activities.
- Religious activities or services which support or promote religious beliefs.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at 502.852.6258 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.