|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 6, 2013|
Western Washington University
OP-T2-28: Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
|0.25 / 0.25||
Has the institution developed a bicycle plan?:
A brief description of the plan:
WWU's Institutional Master Plan, which was last updated 9/24/01, includes a bicycle circulation plan.
Focuses of the bicycle circulation plan:
• Linking the main north/south campus access points with major bicycle routes through campus
• Providing secondary east/west bike routes
• Researching a potential continuous north/south bike route
◦ Provide major bicycle parking amenities, like covered parking, on the outer edges of campus so that cyclists can park bicycles, store equipment, and access the campus by foot
• Bicycle parking facilities will be provided at a rate of at least one space per ten full time students.
Additionally, the main transportation goal of the master plan is to redistribute priority so that pedestrian, bicycle and transit circulation issues are elevated above vehicle circulation issues.
The website URL where information about the plan is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.