Overall Rating Expired
Overall Score Expired
Liaison Nathan King
Submission Date Feb. 16, 2016
Executive Letter Download

STARS v2.0

Western Colorado University
EN-12: Community Service

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete Expired Brooke Moran
Professor & Chair of the Sustainability Action Committee
Recreation & Outdoor Education
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Number of students engaged in community service:
865

Total number of students :
2631

Does the institution wish to pursue Part 2 of this credit (community service hours)?:
No

Total number of student community service hours contributed during a one-year period:
---

Does the institution include community service achievements on student transcripts?:
---

A brief description of the practice of including community service on transcripts, if applicable:
---

Does the institution provide incentives for employees to participate in community service (on- or off-campus)?:
Yes

A brief description of the institution’s employee community service initiatives:

60% of faculty contracts are Instruction and then we can choose how to split the remaining 40% between Service (to school and community) and professional development. Many people choose to list their community service (e.g., Board membership).


The website URL where information about the institution’s community service initiatives is available:
---

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.