|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Oct. 8, 2012|
PAE-4: Sustainability Plan
|3.00 / 3.00||
Director of Sustainability
Does the institution have a sustainability plan that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of how multiple stakeholder groups were involved in developing the plan:
The Sustainability Plan was developed by the Office of Sustainability based on the Climate Action Plan, that had gone through a formal stakeholder review process, including acceptance by the Operations Council. The Sustainability Committee and Facilities staff members reviewed this updated Sustainability Plan.
A brief description of the plan’s measurable goals :
The plan lists priority strategies with milestones, goals, and target dates, focusing on Tier 1 Goals that directly translate into GHG reductions and Tier 2 Goals, those that support Tier One Actions.
Tier One Goals are
1) Transportation (Carpooling) Awareness Campaign
2) E-meeting Software Procurement and Usage
3) Research toward Purchase of Green Fleet
4) Continue Energy Savings through Energy Education
5) Plan lighting and other energy efficiency retrofits with ROI
Tier Two Goals are
1) Launch Sustainability Across the Curriculum effort
2) Develop Green Office Program
3) Improve Sustainability of On-Campus Food Offerings
4) Develop Green Revolving Fund Proposal. See p.25 of the plan for milestones, goals, and target dates for these strategies.
A brief description of how progress in meeting the plan’s goals is measured:
This Sustainability Plan will be revised every two years, in conjunction with ACUPCC and STARS reporting. Progress in meeting these goals will be reported at that time. Additionally many of the goals are written into the work plans of staff in the Office of Sustainability, and progress will be evaluated in the six-month evaluations/planning process.
The website URL where more information about the sustainability plan is available:
The year the plan was developed or last updated: