|Submission Date||Dec. 18, 2013|
ER-3: Sustainability in New Student Orientation
Onderwijs & Onderzoek
Does the institution include sustainability prominently in new student orientation?:
A brief description of how sustainability is included prominently in new student orientation:
- waste seperation; this year the event will ensure paper will get seperated from the rest of the waste.
- all volunteers wear ecological t-shirts
- during the student orientation several events were organized to raise awareness: a "sustainable lunch" was organized and a "green corner" was organized during the UIT festival.
- during outdoor events reusable plastic cups will be used. A refund is awarded for every cup that is returned.
- t-shirts, bags and towels that were left over from previous years have been donated to Humana, a development organization that ensures textile will be recycled.
- The organization used electric scooters to move around town, during the week.
Last, but certainly not the least, the organization (ICU) joined "Duurzame Evenement Utrecht" (translated: sustainable events Utrecht). This platform focuses on making events in the city of Utrecht more sustainable. This way coming editions of the student orientation have an incentive to continue to make the week more sustainable every year.
The website URL where information about sustainability in new student orientation is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.