|Submission Date||Oct. 31, 2019|
Utah State University
EN-2: Student Orientation
|1.45 / 2.00||
New Student Orientation
Are the following students provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability?:
|Yes or No|
|Entering graduate students||No|
Percentage of all entering students that are provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability:
A brief description of how sustainability is included prominently in new student orientation :
1. Students receive information about the Student Sustainability Office, Aggie Blue Bikes, bus transportation, recycling, and the Sustainability Council in the Student Handbook.
2. Sustainability is in two modules of the five module orientation system (sustainable transportation in module 3 and carbon commitment in module 4).
3. The Sustainability Council hosts a table at the Student Orientation & Transition Services (SOTS) information fair.
4. Students participating in Connections, a two-credit academic course designed to assist students transition to university life includes an optional sustainability guest speaker. Approximately, 9 sections out of 90 request the sustainability speaker.
5. Two Connections classes have sustainability components (Outdoor and Community Engagement Connections).
6. All Connections students were invited to attend a sustainability social on the Saturday before classes begin. Approximately, 400 students attended.
Website URL where information about sustainability in student orientation is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.