|Submission Date||Nov. 1, 2016|
Utah State University
EN-2: Student Orientation
|0.20 / 2.00||
New Student Orientation
Are the following students provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability? :
|Yes or No|
|Entering graduate students||No|
Percentage of all entering (i.e. new) students (including transfers and graduate students) that are provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability (0-100):
A brief description of how sustainability is included prominently in new student orientation (including how multiple dimensions of sustainability are addressed):
1. Students receive information about the Student Sustainability Office, Aggie Blue Bikes, bus transportation, recycling, and the Sustainability Council in the Student Handbook.
2. The Sustainability Council hosts a table at Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) information fair lunches as well as at Connections.
3. Students participating in Connections, a two-credit academic course designed to assist students transition to university life includes an optional sustainability module with a guest speaker. It includes an optional informational video. Approximately, 160 students receive the sustainability module.
4. All Connections students were invited to attend a sustainability social on the Saturday before classes begin. Approximately, 200 freshmen attend.
5. The common literature experience frequently includes sustainability themes, including The Green Mile in 2015 and The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind in 2013.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: