|Submission Date||Feb. 21, 2018|
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
EN-6: Assessing Sustainability Culture
|0.25 / 1.00||
Sustainability and Custodial Supervisor
Does the institution conduct an assessment of sustainability culture (i.e. the assessment focuses on sustainability values, behaviors and beliefs, and may also address awareness of campus sustainability initiatives)?:
Which of the following best describes the cultural assessment? The assessment is administered to::
Which of the following best describes the structure of the cultural assessment? The assessment is administered::
A brief description of how and when the cultural assessment(s) were developed and/or adopted:
Drs. Mary Wright and Florence Monsour, professors of Teacher Education, conduct an assessment of sustainability values, behaviors, and beliefs in their TED 422 courses. This was done during both spring and fall semesters in 2017.
A copy or sample of the questions related to sustainability culture:
A sample of the questions related to sustainability culture or the website URL where the assessment tool is available:
• In one hundred words or less provide a definition of what you think sustainability is?
• What are the three pillars of sustainability?
• In your circle of friends, are any of them involved in sustainability efforts or projects? Give examples.
• What do you at the present time, if anything, toward sustainability?
• What are green companies ?
• How do you support or patronize companies that are participating / corporate plan of sustainability?
• Name any organization that you belong to that is associated with the green revolution?
• What three things would you do personally for sustainability?
• What three things do you think your community should do for sustainability?
• What three things do you think your government should your government do for sustainability?
• How do you recycle products or repurpose your belongings?
A brief description of how representative samples were reached (if applicable) and how the cultural assessment is administered:
A brief summary of results from the cultural assessment, including a description of any measurable changes over time:
As this assessment is still relatively new, there has not been enough data to truly measure changes yet. The information collected though helps gather information on attitudes and knowledge about sustainability in teacher candidates.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The Office of Sustainability also conducted a waste minimization survey for all faculty , staff, and students during the spring 2016 semester. It focused on waste minimization which included some aspects of campus sustainability and operations including recycling and surplus property. The information collected gave us valuable insight as to attitudes and behaviors regarding people's disposal habits as well as their knowledge of initiatives and resources on campus.