|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 26, 2016|
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
EN-15: Trademark Licensing
|2.00 / 2.00||
Is the institution a member of the Worker Rights Consortium?:
Is the institution a member of the Fair Labor Association? :
Has the institution expressed an intention to participate in the WRC's Designated Suppliers Program? :
The website URL where information about the institution’s participation in the WRC, FLA, and/or DSP is available:
Key Messages on the Vendor Labor Code of Conduct
Follett supports fair labor practices and purchases only from vendors that meet or exceed our strict Vendor Labor Code of Conduct.
• Our vendors must certify in writing that they are in compliance with our Code.
• Merchandise that is not manufactured according to our Code will be removed from sale and returned to the vendor.
• Vendors who do not comply with our Code may be terminated as a resource.
• Any Follett buyer who knowingly purchases products from vendors that do not meet our Code may be disciplined or terminated.
Follett’s Vendor Labor Code of Conduct is consistent with those of leaders in the industry and in higher education.
• Follett’s Fair Labor Task Force works closely with colleges, universities and licensing agencies to ensure that our Code is consistent with other codes currently enforced.
To ensure vendor compliance with our Fair Labor Code Follett has engaged Global Social Compliance, an international monitoring firm, to independently audit vendors’ manufacturing plants.
• Vendors must submit the location of all their production facilities to Follett
• Vendors must make manufacturing facilities available for both announced and unannounced audits.
• Follett’s Fair Labor Task Force reviews reports from human rights organizations, labor groups, religious organizations and governments that provide monitoring data.
Follett has removed products from our stores that we believed were produced with unsatisfactory labor conditions. These products were returned to the vendors.
Through independent monitoring, Follett has monitored factories in the United States, China, Malaysia, Mexico, Vietnam, Pakistan, and Fiji. Each year Follett selects a number of vendors to be monitored.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.