|Submission Date||March 3, 2022|
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
PA-5: Diversity and Equity Coordination
|2.00 / 2.00||
Cofrin School of Business
Does the institution have a diversity and equity committee, office, and/or officer tasked by the administration or governing body to advise on and implement policies, programs, and trainings related to diversity, equity, inclusion and human rights?:
Does the committee, office and/or officer focus on students, employees, or both?:
A brief description of the diversity and equity committee, office and/or officer, including purview and activities:
The University’s Council on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) will provide the Chancellor with advice and recommendations that will promote a learning community that pursues and embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion. The Council also advises the Chancellor on affirmative action matters in compliance with the University of Wisconsin System policies/procedures related to equity, access, inclusion, and diversity.
The Council has purview with the development and implementation of the University’s EDI Strategic Goals. These goals include:
• Strategic Goal #1: Increase and enhance the recruitment and retention of a diverse employee population at the UW- Green Bay.
• Strategic Goal #2: Facilitate professional development on equity, diversity, and inclusion for staff and faculty.
• Strategic Goal #3: Develop intentional programming, structured interactions with community partners, and curricular recommendations to support learning and growth around equity, diversity, and inclusion for current and future students.
• Strategic Goal #4: Increase the enrollment of under-represented learners at UW-Green Bay.
• Strategic Goal #5: Reduce equity gaps in retention of racially minoritized and low-income degree and non-degree seeking students through research-based, data driven initiatives.
• Strategic Goal #6: Increase engagement with community members/groups in areas related to inclusivity and equity.
The Council supportive activities include:
• Inclusivity and Equity Certification Program
• Black History Month Awareness
• Hispanic/Latinx Month Awareness
• Indigenous People’s Day Awareness
• Asian American Month Awareness
• Affirmative Action Programs
• First Nation Education
• International Education
• Accessibility Training
• Employee Resource Groups (Ethnically Diverse Group, International Employee Support Group, Pride Center Employee Resource Group, Veterans Employee Resource Group, Woman’s Leadership Network Employee Resource Group)
• According to the Diversity and Inclusion Training Data report submitted to the UW System, UW-Green Bay held 104 training sessions that include a diversity and inclusion component.
Estimated proportion of students that has participated in cultural competence, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and/or social inclusion trainings and activities:
Estimated proportion of academic staff that has participated in cultural competence, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and/or social inclusion trainings and activities:
Estimated proportion of non-academic staff that has participated in cultural competence, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and/or social inclusion trainings and activities:
A brief description of the institution’s cultural competence, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and/or social inclusion trainings and activities:
A Global studies and an Ethnic Studies general education class is required for all students.
Training for staff and faculty includes:
• Inclusivity and Equity training was required in 2020.
• Title IX (sexual harassment/sexual discrimination) - required training every three years
• Mandated Reporter (reporting of child abuse and neglect, Executive Order #54) - required training once after institution process is in place
• Bias training required for Search Committees.
• Respectful workplace training has been conducted in some departments.
• The "Human Mosaic" activity series is also open to all members of the UW - Green Bay campus. It is a comprehensive list of all UW-Green Bay events that celebrate diversity.
Website URL where information about the institution’s diversity and equity office or trainings is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: