|Submission Date||Jan. 26, 2012|
University of Texas at San Antonio
PAE-6: Diversity and Equity Coordination
Associate VP for Human Resources
Does the institution have a diversity and equity committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee or a brief description of the committee's purview and activities :
UTSA has established a Diversity Advisory Board to ptomote diversity across UTSA campuses.
Members of the committee, including affiliations :
- Barbara Centeno, Associate Vice President for Human Resources
- Beth Durodoye, Professor, Department of Counseling
- Ben Olguin, Associate Professor, Department of English
- George Negrete, Professor and Associate Dean of Faculty, College of Sciences
- Leonard Flau, Senior Investigator, Equal Opportunity Services
- Lisa Montoya, Senior Lecturer and Associate Dean of Faculty, College of Business
- Maricela Oliva, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Marlon Anderson, Director, Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
- Michael Jennings, Associate Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Nina Sosa, Investigator, Equal Opportunity Services
- Polo Cervantes, Assistant Vice President for Facilities
- Raquel Marquez, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Sociology
- Rosalie Ambrosino, Professor and Interim Chair, Department of Social Work
- Sonja Lanehart, Brackenridge Endowed Chair in Literature and the Humanities, Department of English
- Taeg Nishimoto, Professor and Associate Dean for Research, Outreach and Graduate Studies, College of Architecture
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity committee is available:
Does the institution have a diversity and equity office?:
A brief description of the diversity office:
The Office of Equal Opportunity Services is committed to developing and sustaining a learning and working environment that is diverse, inclusive and free of illegal discrimination and harassment in any form.
EOS actively promotes affirmative action, equal employment and educational opportunities for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The number of people employed in the diversity office:
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity office is available:
Does the institution have a diversity and equity coordinator?:
Diversity coordinator’s name:
Diversity coordinator's position title:
A brief description of the diversity coordinator's position:
The Associate Provost for Faculty and Student Diversity and Recruitment at The University of Texas at San Antonio coordinates efforts between Academic and Student Affairs to attract a high quality, diverse student population. Additionally, she works at the strategic level to address faculty diversity and placement goals.
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity coordinator is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.