|Submission Date||July 12, 2016|
University of Texas at Arlington
PA-7: Support for Future Faculty Diversity
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution administer and/or participate in a program or programs to help build a diverse faculty that meet the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s programs that help increase the diversity of higher education faculty:
In support of the university’s continuing commitment to advance scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, The University of Texas at Arlington has created Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Fellowships to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure-track appointments as available and appropriate.
* Establish relationships with scholars from other institutions, with the goal of enhancing relationships between other scholars and faculty, staff, and students at UT Arlington.
* Support and enhance the campus climate of diversity and inclusion.
* Increase the number of role models for students from underrepresented minority groups in particular and majority groups as well.
* Identify potential candidates for tenure-track faculty positions.
* UT Arlington is particularly interested in candidates in the STEM fields.
The website URL where more information about the faculty diversity program(s) is available :