|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||July 12, 2016|
University of Texas at Arlington
PA-7: Support for Future Faculty Diversity
|1.00 / 1.00||
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution administer and/or participate in a program or programs to help build a diverse faculty that meet the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s programs that help increase the diversity of higher education faculty:
In support of the university’s continuing commitment to advance scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, The University of Texas at Arlington has created Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Fellowships to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure-track appointments as available and appropriate.
* Establish relationships with scholars from other institutions, with the goal of enhancing relationships between other scholars and faculty, staff, and students at UT Arlington.
* Support and enhance the campus climate of diversity and inclusion.
* Increase the number of role models for students from underrepresented minority groups in particular and majority groups as well.
* Identify potential candidates for tenure-track faculty positions.
* UT Arlington is particularly interested in candidates in the STEM fields.
The website URL where more information about the faculty diversity program(s) is available :
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.