|Submission Date||March 3, 2023|
University of Tennessee at Knoxville
IN-40: Sustainability Projects Fund
|0.50 / 0.50||
Name of the institution’s sustainability projects fund:
Which of the following best describes the primary source of funding for the sustainability projects fund?:
Year the institution’s sustainability projects fund was established:
A brief description of the institution’s sustainability projects fund:
A portion of the fee shall be administered by the Student Environmental Initiatives Committee (SEIC) as a representative body of students, faculty, and staff. The mission of the committee is to identify, research, and recommend uses of funds supporting environmental stewardship and sustainability as well as clean and renewable energy technologies.
A brief description of the multi-stakeholder decision-making process used to determine which projects receive funding through the sustainability projects fund:
Membership in the Student Environmental Initiatives Committee shall consist of the following:
· Four (4) voting student members, serving a maximum of two (2) years. Student representatives shall be appointed by the President of the Student Government Association. At least one primary voting student member shall be a representative from Students Promoting Environmental Action in Knoxville (SPEAK), so long as SPEAK remains a recognized student organization. A second voting student member shall be a representative from SPEAK or another recognized student environmental organization.
· Two (2) non-voting student members, serving a maximum of two (2) years. Student representatives shall be appointed by the President of the Student Government Association. These non-voting members may be voting members in the absence of a voting student member.
· Three (3) voting faculty and/or staff members. These members shall be appointed by the Facilities Fee Oversight Committee upon recommendation by the Chair of the Student Environmental Initiatives Committee.
· Two (2) ex-officio members: the Dean of Students and a staff member from Facilities Services as appointed by the Sustainability Manager. These may be voting members in the absence of a voting faculty/staff member(s).
· One (1) non-voting Chairperson, which shall be the Sustainability Manager or as appointed by the Facilities Fee Oversight Committee to be responsible for setting and facilitating meetings, tracking budget and costs against the Student Environmental Initiatives account, and delivering committee projects to the Facilities Oversight Committee.
A quorum of five (5) voting members must be present to conduct business.
The Facilities Fee Oversight Committee shall have final approval authority of funds allocated after recommendation by the SEIC.
Website URL where information about the sustainability projects fund is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.