|Submission Date||Oct. 13, 2017|
University of San Diego
PA-13: Wellness Program
|1.00 / 1.00||
Human Resources Generalist
Does the institution have a wellness program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all students?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all staff?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all faculty?:
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s), including information to support each affirmative response above :
Faculty & Staff:
The University of San Diego’s strength and success depends on our valued employees; therefore Being Well @ USD was created by the department of Human Resources. USD wants to make sure that our workplace helps employees maintain and/or improve their health. We believe that the everyday choices we make can help us live healthier and happier lives, both at work and at home. The mission statement of Being Well @ USD is to create a supportive environment for our USD community that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing the emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social and spiritual components of being well. Being Well @ USD is committed to providing opportunities for the USD community to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
This new program provides several wellbeing services for employees. These include wellbeing information provided on the USD Wellness website and regular “Being Well @ USD” sessions. The Being Well @ USD website has content specifically targeting employee wellness issues. Under each Being Well component, information is provided as well as links to internal and external resources that will help in improving wellness in this area. The “Being Well @ USD” sessions are free interactive workshops with internal and external presenters discussing topics such as making healthy choices, personal fitness goals and making behavioral changes.
• Detailed information about our wellness program can be found here, http://www.sandiego.edu/hr/employee/being-well/
• Being Well @ USD Mission Statement: To create a supportive environment for our USD community that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing the emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social and spiritual components of being well.
• Being Well @ USD Vision Statement: Being Well @ USD is committed to providing opportunities for the USD community to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
• Detailed information about our EAP can be found here, http://www.sandiego.edu/hr/employee/employee-relations/work-life-resources.php
The EAP offers solutions for living well at home and at work. They provide confidential support for a variety of concerns, from coping with stress to information and support on financial issues, child care, relationships and other life challenges. Their goal is to help you live a happier, more fulfilling life – today and every day.
The University of San Diego places great importance on providing students with the programs, experiences and support services necessary to help them maximize their educational experience, and to challenge them to develop knowledge, values and skills to enrich their lives. Campus Recreation, C.A.R.E., the Counseling Center, the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion, the Disability and Learning Difference Resource Center, the Student Health Center, and the Women's Center seek to support student academic success and personal development by providing a comprehensive and integrated range of wellness programs, experiences and services.
Together these units strive to provide culturally congruent and effective services aimed at:
1. Supporting the mission of the university by preventing and/or ameliorating medical, psychological and lifestyle barriers to learning, and by providing individualized assistance to students in need.
2. Fostering a campus community that is healthy and congruent with the university's mission of holistic student development.
3. Promoting within students a sense of caring about the well-being of fellow students and for the university community as a whole.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: