|Submission Date||March 29, 2018|
University of Ottawa
PA-12: Assessing Employee Satisfaction
|1.00 / 1.00||
Director, Leadership, Learning and Organizational Development
Has the institution conducted a survey or other evaluation that allows for anonymous feedback to measure employee satisfaction and engagement during the previous three years?:
Percentage of employees (staff and faculty) assessed, directly or by representative sample (0-100):
A brief description of the institution’s methodology for evaluating employee satisfaction and engagement:
- uOttawa hired an external service provider whose expertise is to coordinate workplace climate survey.
- uOttawa used the same questionnaire as the previous workplace climate survey so to measure the same items and to be able to compare.
- The external service provider launched the anonymous survey from its system and compiled results for uOttawa
- Results were presented by unit and globally
- HR presented global results to the Administrative Committee (President and VPs)
- All VPs with the help of HR presented unit level results to their teams
A brief description of the mechanism(s) by which the institution addresses issues raised by the evaluation (including examples from the previous three years):
All units prepare a local action plan to address issues that stemmed from the workplace climate survey results
The University will present an institutional workplace climate action plan in 2018
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.