|Submission Date||Aug. 20, 2011|
University of Northern British Columbia
PAE-19: Community Sustainability Partnerships
Green University Project Manager
Office of the Provost
Does the institution participate in community sustainability partnerships that meet the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s sustainability partnerships with the local community:
UNBC maintains numerous sustainability partnerships with the local community. For example:
- UNBC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Prince George to participate in research and community outreach during the process of developing and implementing the City's Sustainability Plan;
- UNBC entered into a partnership with the Federal government and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada to install Canada's first University owned wood pellet heating system;
- UNBC entered into a partnership with local businesses, Federal and Provincial governemnts to install and operate a Biomass Gasification Heating System on campus;
- UNBC partners with local non-profit environmental organizations to establish and operate an on campus Composting Facility; and
- UNBC parterns with the local Farmers' Market Association, student groups and local non-profit environmental groups to run a weekly Farmers' Market on campus.
The website URL where information about sustainability partnerships is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.