|Overall Rating||Bronze - expired|
|Submission Date||Sept. 25, 2012|
University of North Florida
PAE-6: Diversity and Equity Coordination
|2.00 / 2.00||
Does the institution have a diversity and equity committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee or a brief description of the committee's purview and activities :
The purpose of the Commission on Diversity is to advise the University President and Provost on issues of diversity, inclusion and racial equality at the University of North Florida. These issues include, but are not limited to: (1) recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and students of color; and (2) inequities based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, national origin and other protected group categories.
Members of the committee, including job titles and affiliations :
Dr. Chris Johnson
Coggin College of Business
Dr. JeffriAnne Wilder
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Pam Chally
Brooks College of Health
Dr. Alex Schonning
College of Computing, Engineering and Construction
Dr. Carolyne Ali-Khan
College of Education and Human Services
Dr. Siho Nam
Dr. Tom Serwatka
Office of the President
Dr. Newton Jackson
Office of the Provost
Student and International Affairs
Administration & Finance
Dr. Tes Tuason
United Faculty of Florida
Graduate Student Organization
Student Government Association
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity committee is available:
Does the institution have a diversity and equity office?:
A brief description of the diversity office:
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity is committed to fostering non-discrimination and non-harassment in the workplace and the educational environment by ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws, local ordinances, and agency requirements that are related to equity and compliance for universities. EOD provides leadership and support toward developing a comprehensive and institution-wide approach to achieving and sustaining a diverse and pluralistic community of students, faculty and staff.
The number of people employed in the diversity office:
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity office is available:
Does the institution have a diversity and equity coordinator?:
Diversity coordinator’s name:
Diversity coordinator's position title:
A brief description of the diversity coordinator's position:
- Assists the Director in the overall implementation, administration and compliance for the University's equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and diversity initiatives.
- Assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the activities and programs of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity.
- Responsible for data and information systems associated with compliance analytics (Affirmative Action Plan; Florida Equity Report; and others as required). Consults with managers and data administrators to identify data needs, resolve problems and facilitate effective data retrieval.
- Reviews and approves recruitment requests and recruitment plans for A&P and Faculty through an online recruitment system to ensure compliance with all Federal and State compliance laws and regulations.
- Assists in the development and delivery of non-discrimination diversity awareness training programs.
- Assists Director with investigations pertaining to all charges of discrimination filed by faculty, staff, students, applicants for employment, and external individuals.
- Provides staff support, resources, and consultation to the President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assists with coordination and participation in outreach events across campus and throughout the community.
- Provides interpretation, recommendation/guidance and implementation of University rules, policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
Frequent internal contacts across organizational lines at all levels and with superiors, staff and students. Occasional external contacts with regard to data gathering and reporting.
- This position is charged with responsibility for confidential data as it relates to employee demographics and preparation of compensation analyses and adverse impact analyses; thus the incumbent must demonstrate good judgment in handling of confidential data and information.
- Maintains record keeping system for all recruitment requests.
The website URL where information about the diversity and equity coordinator is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.