|Submission Date||Feb. 27, 2015|
University of North Carolina, Greensboro
PA-11: Wellness Program
Sustainability Education and Outreach Specialist
Does the institution make counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all members of the following groups?:
|Yes or No|
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s):
Enhancing employees' health and wellness - by enhancing and extending health, wellness, and quality of life for children, adults, families, and communities, through scientific inquiry and application, workforce development, reduction of disparities, sustainability efforts, and recreational opportunities - is of primary importance to UNCG.
To meet these goals, UNCG offers many wellness programs to its employees. These include weight-loss assistance and healthy-eating initiatives, Employee Assistance Programs (mental health assistance), smoking cessation, and a variety of exercise groups.
The mission of Student Health Services is to provide collaborative health care designed to empower students to develop lifelong skills that enhance their physical, psychological and wellness status in an inclusive and affirming environment.
Student Health Services…
- Provides student-centered, medical, counseling and health promotion services which are affordable and accessible
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to wellness and health care
- Provides an environment of inclusion, respect and appreciation of diversity
- Promotes professional excellence, responsiveness and ethical practice
- Is committed to the support of educational, research and service missions of U NCG
The website URL where information about the institution's wellness program(s) is available: