|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 28, 2014|
University of North Carolina, Greensboro
ER-18: Sustainability Research Incentives
|3.00 / 6.00||
Does the institution have a program to encourage student sustainability research that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s program(s) to encourage student research in sustainability:
The Creative Sustainability Initiative (CSI) Award is intended to:
• increase the awareness of sustainability in the campus community;
• foster a positive and productive conversation about sustainability and the arts at UNCG and beyond; and
• incorporate the creative process into efforts to confront sustainability challenges (such as sustainability education, waste reduction, energy efficiency, water conservation, climate change, etc.).
Students submit proposals for awards of $500. The projects are in the following categories:
• Visual arts: sculpture, art, multi-media, broadcast, etc.
• Performing arts: music, dance, theater, etc.
• Textual arts: languages, creative writing, fiction, poetry, etc.
• Applied arts: design, interior architecture, etc.
The website URL where information about the student research program is available:
Does the institution have a program to encourage faculty sustainability research that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s program(s) to encourage faculty research in sustainability:
The website URL where information about the faculty research program is available: