|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 28, 2014|
University of North Carolina, Greensboro
ER-18: Sustainability Research Incentives
|3.00 / 6.00||
Does the institution have a program to encourage student sustainability research that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s program(s) to encourage student research in sustainability:
The Creative Sustainability Initiative (CSI) Award is intended to:
• increase the awareness of sustainability in the campus community;
• foster a positive and productive conversation about sustainability and the arts at UNCG and beyond; and
• incorporate the creative process into efforts to confront sustainability challenges (such as sustainability education, waste reduction, energy efficiency, water conservation, climate change, etc.).
Students submit proposals for awards of $500. The projects are in the following categories:
• Visual arts: sculpture, art, multi-media, broadcast, etc.
• Performing arts: music, dance, theater, etc.
• Textual arts: languages, creative writing, fiction, poetry, etc.
• Applied arts: design, interior architecture, etc.
The website URL where information about the student research program is available:
Does the institution have a program to encourage faculty sustainability research that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of the institution’s program(s) to encourage faculty research in sustainability:
The website URL where information about the faculty research program is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.