|Submission Date||Feb. 20, 2013|
University of North Carolina, Greensboro
ER-T2-6: Sustainability Events
Does the institution hold major events related to sustainability, such as conferences, speaker series, or symposia, that have students as the intended audience?:
A brief description of the event(s):
UNCG has held several events related to sustainability:
* In April 2010, UNCG hosted "Focus Forward," a virtual conference of sustainability offices in the UNC system to explore best sustainable practices in Master
Planning, Transportation, Purchasing, Operations &
Maintenance, and the Integration of Sustainability into Academics.
* UNCG has hosted Earth Day events for several years.
* UNCG has held Campus Sustainability Day celebrations since 2010.
* In Spring 2011, UNCG hosted speakers that focus on sustainability practices and policies. David Orr, professor
at Oberlin and leading voice for sustainability, and Stephen Leeds, Chief Sustainability Office for the US General Services Administration, both spoke to large audiences that included members of both the campus
community and the greater Greensboro community.
* In Spring 2012, author David Owen gave the keynote for the Harriett Elliott lecture and participated in a panel discussion with local politicians and academics titled: "Greening Greensboro: How the Sustainable Cities Movement Can Make Our City and Region More Liveable."
The website URL where information about the event(s) are available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.