|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Dec. 18, 2015|
University of Nevada Las Vegas
EN-14: Participation in Public Policy
|2.00 / 2.00||
Associate Vice President for Interdisciplinary Research
Division of Research and Graduate Studies
Does the institution advocate for national, state/provincial, or local public policies that support campus sustainability or that otherwise advance sustainability?:
A brief description of how the institution engages in public policy advocacy for sustainability, including the issues, legislation, and ordinances for or against which the institution has advocated:
UNLV has provided letters of support for community organizations that are advocating sustainability in the community. These letters include
- Letter in support of formation of Green Chips - community wide organizing group.
- Support for the City of Las Vegas establishing a Sustainable Energy Strategy.
- Letter of support for State Energy Program for Building Retrofit Grant.
- Letter of support to the University of Nevada Reno Cooperative for a grant proposal to create a Master Composters Program to mimic and compliment their Master Gardeners Program.
- Letter of support for City of Las Vegas and Downtown Design Center's Community Resilience Atlas.
A brief description of other political positions the institution has taken during the previous three years:
A brief description of political donations the institution made during the previous three years (if applicable):
The website URL where information about the institution’s advocacy efforts is available: