Overall Rating Gold - expired
Overall Score 75.77
Liaison Ezra Small
Submission Date March 2, 2018
Executive Letter Download

STARS v2.1

University of Massachusetts Amherst
IC-2: Operational Characteristics

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete N/A Ezra Small
Sustainability Manager
Physical Plant
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Endowment size:
304,000,000 US/Canadian $

Total campus area:
3,326 Acres

Large town

IECC climate zone:
5 - Cool

Gross floor area of building space:
12,970,149 Gross Square Feet

Floor area of laboratory space:
1,360,234 Square Feet

Floor area of healthcare space:
68,362 Square Feet

Floor area of other energy intensive space:
1,690,586 Square Feet

Additional documentation to support the submission :

100% of all heating energy and chilled water is generated at the Central Heating Plant which uses natural gas, liquid natural gas, fuel oil #2, and ULSD fuel.

Approximately 73% of the campus electricity is generated at the Central Heating Plant. The other 27% comes from the ISO-New England Utility grid.

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to stars@aashe.org.