|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 13, 2016|
University of Louisville
EN-11: Continuing Education
|0.50 / 5.00||
Assistant to the Provost for Sustainability Initiatives
Office of the Provost
Does the institution offer continuing education courses that address sustainability?:
Number of continuing education courses offered that address sustainability:
Total number of continuing education courses offered:
A copy of the list and brief descriptions of the continuing education courses that address sustainability:
A list and brief descriptions of the continuing education courses that address sustainability:
Sustainability-related courses include:
1. Start Your Own Edible Garden - Grow delicious, nutritious fruit and vegetables in your own backyard!
2. Growing Plants for Fun and Profit - An industry professional teaches you everything you need to prosper in the backyard nursery business.
3. Luscious, Low-Fat, Lightning-Quick Meals - Join a registered dietitian and discover how easy it can be to prepare meals that are both delicious and nutritious!
4. Lose Weight and Keep It Off - Discover how to establish a healthy approach to weight loss and weight maintenance.
5. Introduction to Natural Health and Healing - Learn how to promote wellness, balance, and health in all aspects of your daily life.
Does the institution have at least one sustainability-themed certificate program through its continuing education or extension department?:
A brief description of the certificate program:
The option for a LEED Green Associates certificate program is being explored by the university's continuing education department in collaboration with the UofL Sustainability Council and the Kentucky chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council. Since the continuing education department operates on full cost recovery model, an assessment will be conducted to determine the financial viability of offering a sustainability-related certification program.
Year the certificate program was created:
The website URL where information about sustainability in continuing education courses is available :
This data includes online continuing education course offerings.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.