|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 13, 2016|
University of Louisville
EN-4: Outreach Materials and Publications
|2.00 / 2.00||
Assistant to the Provost for Sustainability Initiatives
Office of the Provost
Institution produces outreach materials and/or publications that foster sustainability learning and knowledge. The publications and outreach materials may include the following:
- A central sustainability website that consolidates information about the institution’s sustainability efforts
- A sustainability newsletter
- Social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, interactive blogs) that focus specifically on campus sustainability
- A vehicle to publish and disseminate student research on sustainability
- Building signage that highlights green building features
- Food service area signage and/or brochures that include information about sustainable food systems
- Signage on the grounds about sustainable groundskeeping and/or landscaping strategies employed
- A sustainability walking map or tour
- A guide for commuters about how to use alternative methods of transportation
- Navigation and educational tools for bicyclists and pedestrians (e.g. covering routes, inter-modal connections, policies, services, and safety)
- A guide for green living and incorporating sustainability into the residential experience
- Regular coverage of sustainability in the main student newspaper, either through a regular column or a reporter assigned to the sustainability beat
A single outreach material or publication that serves multiple purposes may be counted more than once. For example, a sustainability website that includes tools for bicyclists and pedestrians may be counted in both categories.
This credit applies to all institutions.
Institutions earn 0.25 points for each type of publication and/or outreach material described above, regardless of how many of each type are produced. Institutions with eight or more types of publications or outreach materials earn the maximum of 2 points available for this credit.
Report on currently used outreach materials and publications only.
Sampling and Data Standards