|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 27, 2019|
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
EN-6: Assessing Sustainability Culture
|0.50 / 1.00||
Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment
Does the institution conduct an assessment of sustainability culture (i.e. the assessment focuses on sustainability values, behaviors and beliefs, and may also address awareness of campus sustainability initiatives)?:
Which of the following best describes the cultural assessment? The assessment is administered to::
Which of the following best describes the structure of the cultural assessment? The assessment is administered::
A brief description of how and when the cultural assessment(s) were developed and/or adopted:
Original instrument developed as part of Certified Green Office Program 1.0 in 2014 and has grown since then.
A copy or sample of the questions related to sustainability culture:
A sample of the questions related to sustainability culture or the website URL where the assessment tool is available:
(all yes/no prompts):
1. I turn off lights, computer monitors, and other unused devices when I leave the office for the day.
2. I do not use disposable dishware in my office; reusable ware is available to me if I need it.
3. There are labeled recycling bins close to my office and I use them
4. I use a power strip or some other device to make it easy to turn off monitors and computer peripherals without cutting off the CPU.
5. I use natural lighting instead of turning on electric lights when possible
6. I pull down my window shades when it's hot and pull them up when it's cold.
7. I am making a conscious effort to reduce my paper consumption at the office.
8. I do not purchase bottled water
9. I use vegetarian options when hosting an event
10. I do not use disposable coffee pods.
11. I don't purchase any single-use coffee supplies (sugar packets, creamer tubs, stirrers, etc.)
12. Wherever possible, the default setting for any printer I use is 2-sided, black and white.
13. I feel comfortable using our teleconferencing equipment.
14. I know the closest bus routes to my place of work, and that I can use my iCard as a free bus pass.
15. I share bus route information with people visiting our building.
16. We have a shared bike or bike fleet for the office.
17. I rarely use a single-occupancy vehicle if I'm traveling between campus locations.
18. I take a carpool to work.
19. I am a part of a Green Team to help the office become more sustainable.
A brief description of how representative samples were reached (if applicable) and how the cultural assessment is administered:
Online via google forms; sample is self-selected members of a green office.
A brief summary of results from the cultural assessment, including a description of any measurable changes over time:
Currently underway; in general, participants show a greater understanding of sustainability and sustainable behaviors as they advance through the Green Office program
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: