|Submission Date||Jan. 31, 2011|
University of Illinois at Chicago
Tier2-9: Reusable Mug Discounts
Associate Chancellor for Sustainability
Office of Sustainability
Does campus dining operations offer discounts to customers who use reusable mugs instead of disposable cups in to-go food service operations?:
A brief description of the reusable mug program:
The UIC Bookstores, UIC Convenience Stores and the UIC Student Centers Board are proud to provide customers with the opportunity to help preserve the environment. Each year the UIC Convenience Stores’ customers use over 100,000 paper coffee cups and together they can better preserve the environment by reducing paper cup usage.
* All UIC Convenience Stores are equipped with Sustainability Donation Containers
* When the customer uses their UIC Sustainable Mug they receive 20 oz for the price of a 16 oz large coffee.
* They will also be given a 5-cent token at the registers.
* The customer then places the token in the Sustainability Container for the environmentally friendly and non-profit organization of their choice:
* UIC Hospital Prairie Garden Project
* The Chicago Wilderness Consortium
* National Wildlife Federation
Amount of the discount offered for using reusable mugs:
The website URL where information about the reusable mug discount program is available: