|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Jan. 31, 2011|
University of Florida
PAE-16: Committee on Socially Responsible Investment
|2.00 / 2.00||
Chief Operating Officer
University of Florida Investment Corporation
Does the institution have a committee on investor responsibility or similar body that meets the criteria for this credit?:
The charter or mission statement of the CIR or other body or a brief description of how the CIR is tasked to address social and environmental concerns :
The University of Florida Investment Corporation (UFICO) was created by the Board of Trustees of the University of Florida to manage the investable assets of the University of Florida and its affiliates including the endowed assets of the University of Florida Foundation, Inc. UFICO is governed by its own Board of Directors who are responsible for investment policy and broad asset allocation. UFICO’s Board is appointed by the President of the University of Florida and is comprised of representatives from the stakeholders that UFICO manages investments for, University administrative staff, faculty, and alumni.
As part of its investment policy, UFICO’s Board has adopted a policy on socially responsive investing that incorporates socially-motivated restrictions on investments where they concern actions that are directly detrimental to the missions of its clients and to consider socially and environmentally responsible investment opportunities within the portfolios.
Members of the CIR, including affiliations:
UFICO’s Board includes the following members:
• Earl Powell, Chair – Alumnus and former member of the Board of Trustees of the University.
• David T. Brown – University Professor of Finance
• Matthew M. Fajack – Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of the University
• Robert H. Gidel – Alumnus and member of the Board of Directors of the University of Florida Foundation, Inc.
• Alan S. Pareira – Alumnus
• J. Edward Poppell – Vice President Finance & Administration for the University
• Paul A. Robell – Assistant to the President, Philanthropy and Donor Relations for the University
• William J. Robinson – Sr. Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc.
• Steven M. Scott – Member of the Board of Trustees of the University
• Thomas J. Mitchell – Executive Vice President of the University of Florida Foundation, Inc.
The website URL where information about the committee is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.