|Submission Date||Jan. 31, 2011|
University of Florida
PAE-10: Affordability and Access Programs
Office of Sustainability
Institution has policies and programs in place to make it accessible and affordable to low-income students. Such policies and programs may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participation in federal TRIO programs
- Policies and programs to minimize the cost of attendance for low-income students
- Programs to equip the institution’s faculty and staff to better serve students from low-income backgrounds
- Programs to prepare students from low-income backgrounds for higher education
- Scholarships for low-income students
- Programs to guide parents of low-income students through the higher education experience
- Targeted outreach to recruit students from low-income backgrounds
- Other admissions policies or programs
- Other financial aid policies or programs
Institutions are not required to have programs or policies in each of the above areas in order to earn this credit. They may pursue the policies and programs that are appropriate for their context.
This credit applies to all institutions.
Institutions earn 3 points for this credit by having programs or policies that meet the criteria outlined above. Partial points are not available for this credit.
Report on current programs, policies, and practices.
Sampling and Data Standards
In addition to institution-wide policies or programs, report on policies and programs pertaining to the institution’s largest admissions group or student cohort (e.g. undergraduate students). Institutions may choose to include or omit programs and policies offered by smaller schools or departments within the institution.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.