|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Jan. 31, 2011|
University of Florida
ER-9: Sustainability Learning Outcomes
|0.11 / 10.00||
Office of Sustainability
The number of graduates covered by the sustainability learning outcomes:
Total number of graduates :
A list of degree programs that have sustainability learning outcomes:
Sustainability in the Built Environment
Sustainability Studies Minor
The website URL where the publicly available sustainability course inventory that includes a list of degree programs that have specified sustainability learning outcomes is available:
A copy of the sustainability course inventory :
A list or sample of the sustainability learning outcomes associated with the degree programs:
Learning Outcomes for Sustainability in the Built Environment:
KNOWLEDGE OF SUSTAINABILITY
• Demonstrates knowledge of sustainability principles.
• Demonstrates knowledge of research methodologies for built environment disciplines.
• Demonstrates knowledge of resource economics, ecology, social and cultural sustainability, and energy sourcing and its link to climate.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
• Demonstrates a sound level of critical thinking for analysis in decision making including the following:
• Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources in solving problems for the built environment
• Ability to apply principles and theories of sustainability to problems in the built environment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the role that ethics plays in issues of sustainability.
• Demonstrates an ability to effectively communicate orally and to make a public presentation.
• Demonstrates an ability to effectively use digital and/or hard copy materials to augment an oral presentation.
Learning Outcomes for the Sustainability Studies Major:
1. Broad knowledge of sustainability scholarship, including natural scientific, social scientific, and humanistic approaches.
2. Knowledge of the relationship of sustainability to Ethics, Culture and Human Behavior, Economics, Law and Policy, Production Systems and the Built Environment, Ecology and Environmental Stewardship.
3. Critical assessment of sustainability principles and practices.
4. Effective written and oral communication of a range of approaches, frameworks, principles, and practices of sustainability.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.