|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||Nov. 9, 2010|
University of Colorado Boulder
PAE-14: Sustainability in New Employee Orientation
|2.00 / 2.00||
Does the institution cover sustainability topics in new employee orientation and/or in outreach and guidance materials distributed to new employees, including faculty and staff?:
A brief description of how sustainability is included in new employee orientation:
Here are some of the points typically covered at the New Employee Orientation for our staff:
* The University of Colorado at Boulder was voted Best Sustainable Campus by Sierra Magazine in 2009 http://www.colorado.edu/parking/commuting/index.html.
* CU's commitment to LEED certifications on new buildings.
* Our recycling program in general, dual stream recycling, etc.
* Folsom Field (football stadium) is the first major zero-waste sports stadium in the nation, professional or collegiate, to use all recyclable or compostable containers and eliminate all public trash containers.
* CU's partnership with NREL and other federal agencies lab), to research and develop new renewable energy sources.
* Conoco-Phillips decision to locate their massive learning and research center on sustainable energy largely in part to our reputation, talent pool and partnership with NREL.
* Highlight Buff Energy Star Award Program and Green Office Certification Program
In addition to these points covered by the facilitor in an overall introduction to CU, there is also a guest speaker from Parking and Transportation Services who covers alternative transportation options such as the Faculty/Staff free bus pass, carpooling, walking and biking options.
The website URL for the information about sustainability in new employee orientation:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.