|Liaison||Yara Watson Colon|
|Submission Date||March 5, 2021|
University of Central Florida
PA-14: Wellness Program
|1.00 / 1.00||
Sustainability Specialist II
Does the institution have a wellness program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all students?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all academic staff?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all non-academic staff?:
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s):
Wellness & Health Promotion Services (WHPS) offers a wide variety of services and programs aimed at helping all UCF students be healthy knights! We promote healthy lifestyle habits associated with higher academic performance.
Services WHPS Offers:
- Free HIV Testing and Risk Reduction Counseling
- Biofeedback Relaxation Training
- Wellness Coaching
- Cooking Demonstrations and Classes
- Outreach and educational workshops on topics like safe sex, nutrition, stress management, sleep, - healthy relationships and body image
- Faculty and Staff Resources
The Wellness Research Center (WRC) is a worksite wellness program for faculty and staff. Housed in the Education Building, this fitness center offers strength, flexibility and aerobic conditioning equipment as well as fitness services.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a university-funded benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address any personal challenges and/or concerns that may affect your personal well-being and/or work performance. It is confidential and free to all faculty and staff (excluding OPS student employees) as well as their eligible family members, including spouses, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law.
UCF makes this service available to eligible employees and family members so that they can take action to resolve problems before they get out of hand. Total confidentiality and anonymity is provided to those who call the EAP directly for a consultation.
Employees are encouraged to learn more about the EAP and make use of this program if they or an immediate family member of their household would like professional help in dealing with a personal problem.
- 24-Hour Emergency Hotline
- In-person, telephonic or video counseling with licensed professional counselors for issues such as grief & loss, depression, relationship dynamics, divorce, job stress and burnout, addiction, eating disorders, mental illness, and more
- Six in-person visits per issue per year (including video counseling)
- Unlimited work/life service telephonic support for issues such as adoption, childcare, eldercare, financial & legal issues, identity theft, and more
- Medical Bill Saver which includes expert negotiators who assist with lowering medical bills
Does the institution prohibit smoking within all occupied buildings owned or leased by the institution?:
Does the institution restrict outdoor smoking?:
Does the institution prohibit smoking and tobacco use across the entire campus?:
A copy of the institution's smoke-free policy:
The institution’s smoke-free policy:
Website URL where information about the institution’s wellness programs is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.