Overall Rating Gold - expired
Overall Score 68.32
Liaison Carrie Metzgar
Submission Date May 3, 2013
Executive Letter Download

STARS v1.2

University of California, San Diego
PAE-16: Committee on Investor Responsibility

Status Score Responsible Party
Complete 2.00 / 2.00 Marlene Shaver
Assistant Vice Chancellor
"---" indicates that no data was submitted for this field

Does the institution have a committee on investor responsibility or similar body that meets the criteria for this credit?:

The charter or mission statement of the CIR or other body, which reflects social and environmental concerns, or a brief description of how the CIR is tasked to address social and environmental concerns :

The Regents of the University of California manage a portion of the campus’s endowment, and the UC San Diego Foundation also manages an endowment that benefits UC San Diego. Both entities have an investment committee.
Both Committees that adhere to the requirements in the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act. The Endowment investment policies for both entities diversify investments and use a balanced fund approach to enhance total return while avoiding undue risk in any single asset class or investment category. Approximately 80% of the total endowment as managed by both entities is in the Regents General Endowment Pool. Other pools and external investment managers manage the other 20%.

Members of the CIR, including affiliations:

See attached for both the UC Regents and the UC San Diego Foundation Investment Committees

Recent examples (within the past 3 years) of CIR actions:

The website URL where information about the committee is available:
Data source(s) and notes about the submission:

The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution or simply email your inquiry to stars@aashe.org.