|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||May 3, 2013|
University of California, San Diego
OP-T2-25: Local Businesses
|0.25 / 0.25||
Senior Director, Chief Procurement Officer
Does the institution give preference to local products and businesses in its purchasing decisions? Local food purchases, which are covered in OP Credit 6: Food Purchasing, are not included in this credit.:
A brief description of the program:
The UC Strategic Sourcing process is intended to cover approximately 80% of the common goods and services procured system-wide. The remaining 20% (or more) of that spend is set aside for campuses to contract with local, small or other disadvantaged businesses to help grow their local economy and reduce our carbon footprint.
The website URL where information about the program, policy, or practice is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.