|Submission Date||June 28, 2013|
University of Calgary
PAE-5: Climate Action Plan
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution have a plan to mitigate its greenhouse gas emissions that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief summary of the climate plan’s long-term goals:
The Climate Action Plan identifies viable actions for reducing the university’s operation greenhouse gas emissions by 45% by 2015, 60% by 2020, and 80% by 2050 (from a 2008 baseline).
A brief summary of the climate plan’s short-term goals:
- Retrofitting the central heating and cooling plant to cogeneration/combined heating and power technology.
- Complete building performance audits and implement energy efficiency retrofits in seven buildings on campus
- Implement an ongoing re-commissioning program to optimize energy performance in buildings not slated for major capital upgrades.
- Implement stringent energy performance targets for new building design and construction
- Implement energy efficiency measures in data center and at desktop computing devices.
- Develop a strategic transportation demand management plan and improved tracking for commuting and institutionally financed travel.
Year the climate plan was formally adopted or approved:
An indication of whether institution has made a commitment to reduce GHG emissions a specific amount by a target year:
List which emissions (scope 1, 2, and/or 3) are included in its GHG emissions commitment:
The reduction level (percentage) institution has committed to:
The baseline year the institution used in its GHG emissions commitment:
The baseline emissions level institution used in its GHG emissions commitment:
The target year the institution specified in its GHG emissions commitment :
The website URL where information about the climate plan is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.