|Overall Rating||Gold - expired|
|Submission Date||June 28, 2013|
University of Calgary
OP-3: Indoor Air Quality
|2.00 / 2.00||
Office of Sustainability
Occupied building space covered by an indoor air quality plan, policy, and/or practices that include regular auditing or monitoring and a mechanism for occupants to register complaints :
Total occupied building space :
A brief description of the institution's indoor air quality plan, policy, and/or practices:
The University of Calgary's Indoor Environmental Quality Committee (IEQC) leads the University in Indoor Environmental Quality Management through a creative and pro-active approach to Indoor Environmental Quality concerns. The IEQC is involved in:
- Ensure that the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code, as they relate to indoor environmental quality, are followed to the best of the committee’s collective ability.
- Adopt a pro-active approach to Indoor Environmental Quality concerns through the development of a program, policies, standards, operating procedures, and increased collaboration between relevant departments.
- Inform the UHSSC of chronic Indoor Environmental Quality concerns and/or concerns impacting the campus community and provide recommendations for action.
- Assess departmental procedures for dealing with indoor environmental quality concerns and provide recommendations for increasing operational effectiveness and enhance customer service.
- Initiate additional Indoor Environmental Quality monitoring, as required, for areas with IEQ concerns and provide recommendations for action.
- Ensure follow-up procedures are conducted for Indoor Environmental Quality concern areas after the required work has been completed.
- Establish and maintain a highly effective means for recording, tracking and responding to air quality concerns.
- Promote education and awareness regarding Indoor Environmental Quality issues to the University community.
The work of the IEQC is supported by the IEQ requirements incorporated the University of Calgary Design Standards.
The website URL where information about the institution's indoor air quality initiatives is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.