|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||July 6, 2011|
University of Calgary
PAE-20: Inter-Campus Collaboration on Sustainability
|2.00 / 2.00||
Office of Sustainability
Does the institution collaborate with other colleges and universities to support and help build the campus sustainability community?:
A brief summary of papers, guides, presentations, and other resources the institution has developed to share their sustainability experience with other institutions:
The names of local, state, regional, national, and other campus sustainability organizations or consortia in which the institution participates and/or is a member:
A brief summary of additional ways the institution collaborates with other campuses to advance sustainability :
The U of C is engaged a wide range of collaborative partnerships and events with colleges and universities regionally, nationally and internationally.
- CAUBO 2011: Annual conference organized by the Canadian Association of University Business Officers to support professional management and effective leadership in the administrative affairs of Canadian universities and colleges. This year’s conference is co-hosted by the University of Calgary along with the University of Lethbridge and features workshops on sustainability as well as the conference itself being a sustainable event.
- ImagineCALGARY: The U of C is currently facilitating a project to develop tools to measure the collective sustainability performance of partner organizations and businesses in Calgary. Partners in this project include Mount Royal University, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and Bow Valley College, and the Calgary Board of Education.
- Canadian Campus Commuter Challenge: Participated in the 2010 challenge along with universities and colleges across Canada, coming in first place that year.
- RecycleMania: Competed in 2011 event along with nearly 400 post-secondary institutions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Research Networks: The U of C is leading or involved in a number of collaborative research partnerships regionally and nationally, with a strong focus on energy and environment. These networks include:
o Arctic Institute of North America
o Canada School of Energy and Environment
o Canadian Energy Research Institute
o Canadian Institute of Resources Law
o Carbon Management Canada Inc.
o NSERC Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Canada Strategic Network
o Van Horne Institute
The website URL where information about cross-campus collaboration is available:
Arctic Institute of North America: http://www.arctic.ucalgary.ca/
Canada School of Energy and Environment: http://www.canadaschoolofenergy.com/
Canadian Energy Research Institute: http://www.ceri.ca/
Canadian Institute of Resources Law: http://www.ucalgary.ca/cirl/
Carbon Management Canada Inc.: http://www.carbonmanagement.ca/home.html
NSERC Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Canada Strategic Network: http://www.sofccanada.com/
Van Horne Institute: http://www.vanhorne.info/
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.