|Submission Date||Oct. 10, 2014|
University of Alberta
PAE-10: Affordability and Access Programs
Program Lead (Outreach & Engagement)
Office of Sustainability
Institution has policies and programs in place to make it accessible and affordable to low-income students. Such policies and programs may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Policies and programs to minimize the cost of attendance for low-income students
- Programs to equip the institution’s faculty and staff to better serve students from low-income backgrounds
- Programs to prepare students from low-income backgrounds for higher education such as the federal TRIO programs
- Scholarships for low-income students
- Programs to guide parents of low-income students through the higher education experience
- Targeted outreach to recruit students from low-income backgrounds
- Other admissions policies or programs
- Other financial aid policies or programs
Institutions are not required to have programs or policies in each of the above areas in order to earn this credit. They may pursue the policies and programs that are appropriate for their context.
This credit applies to all institutions.
Institutions earn 3 points for this credit by having programs or policies that meet the criteria outlined above. Partial points are not available for this credit.
Report on current programs, policies, and practices.
Sampling and Data Standards
In addition to institution-wide policies or programs, report on policies and programs pertaining to the institution’s largest admissions group or student cohort (e.g. undergraduate students). Institutions may choose to include or omit programs and policies offered by smaller schools or departments within the institution.