|Submission Date||Oct. 10, 2014|
University of Alberta
ER-6: Sustainability-Focused Courses
Academic Director of the Office of Sustainability
Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology
The number of sustainability-focused courses offered :
The total number of courses offered :
Number of years covered by the data:
A list of sustainability-focused courses offered:
The website URL where the publicly available sustainability course inventory that includes a list of sustainability-focused courses is available:
A copy of the sustainability course inventory:
- Sustainability-focused and total courses were only counted in the final tally if they were offered at least once during the past three academic years (from the fall term in 2011 to the summer term in 2014).
- Each course was counted only once. Thus, a course that was offered multiple times over the past three academic years was counted as a single course. This method of counting applied to both sustainability-focused courses and the total number of courses.
- If the same course was offered under two or more different course numbers, the course was counted only once. For example, at the Augustana campus, students can register in AUENV 354, AUBIO 354 or AUGEO 354, but the course material is identical for all three courses. AUENV 354/AUBIO 354/AUGEO 354 was counted as a single course.
- A course that was cross-listed in multiple departments was counted as a single course.
- Courses with four or fewer students were not excluded from the count of sustainability-focused courses and total courses.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.