|Submission Date||March 8, 2019|
University of Alabama in Huntsville
EN-4: Outreach Materials and Publications
|0.75 / 2.00||
Facilities and Operations
Institution produces outreach materials and/or publications that foster sustainability learning and knowledge. The publications and outreach materials include at least one the following:
- A central sustainability website that consolidates information about the institution’s sustainability efforts
- A sustainability newsletter
- Regular coverage of sustainability in the main student newspaper, either through a regular column or a reporter assigned to the sustainability beat
- Social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, interactive blogs) that focus specifically on campus sustainability
- A vehicle to publish and disseminate student research on sustainability
- Building signage that highlights green building features
- Signage and/or brochures that include information about sustainable food systems
- Signage on the grounds about sustainable groundskeeping and/or landscaping strategies employed
- A sustainability walking map or tour
- A guide for commuters about how to use more sustainable methods of transportation
- Navigation and educational tools for bicyclists and pedestrians (e.g. covering routes, inter-modal connections, policies, services, and safety)
- A guide for green living and/or incorporating sustainability into the residential experience
- Other sustainability outreach materials and publications not covered above
This credit is focused on ongoing outreach efforts. Materials and publications designed to promote a specific event or time-limited campaign are excluded and covered by other credits in this subcategory.
A single outreach material or publication that serves multiple purposes may be counted more than once. For example, a sustainability website that includes tools for bicyclists and pedestrians may be counted in both categories.
This credit applies to all institutions.
Institutions earn 0.25 points for each type of publication and/or outreach material described above, regardless of how many of each type are produced. Institutions with eight or more types of publications or outreach materials earn the maximum of 2 points available for this credit.
Report on currently used outreach materials and publications at the time of submission.
Sampling and Data Standards
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.