|Submission Date||April 5, 2019|
AC-4: Graduate Program
|3.00 / 3.00|
Does the institution offer at least one sustainability-focused major, degree program, or the equivalent for graduate students (I.e. an interdisciplinary academic program that concentrates on sustainability as an integrated concept)?:
Name of the sustainability-focused graduate-level degree program:
A brief description of the graduate-level degree program:
This program will allow the students:
1. to get to know the environmental and social problems that affect our society in the present;
2. to develop the capability and the motivation to change people’s attitudes towards a sustainable society;
3. to plan strategies of action with citizens for a more informed, educated and pro-active citizenship;
4. to be able to conceive, promote and manage projects aimed at environmental intervention.
With this program the student will have his work capabilities improved being able to enhance his productivity to subjects that are related to the sustainability topics adressed.
The website URL for the graduate-level degree program:
Name of the sustainability-focused, graduate-level degree program (2nd program):
A brief description of the graduate degree program (2nd program):
The PhD program in Social Sustainability and Development seeks to
qualify professionals in advanced studies in the area of sustainable development,
environmental and socio-economic aspects. Thus, the Course is primarily aimed the students who want to develop advanced research in this area of study.
Training purposes are:
• The deepening of knowledge in the Sustainable Development area, through the use of a current and interdisciplinary theoretical body.
• The development of analytical, evaluation and critical thinking skills on concrete situations in the area of Sustainability and Development.
• The development of capacities and in the area of Sustainability and Development.
• The development of skills and competences, within the framework of each contribute to the advancement of knowledge and to the social and cultural progress.
The website URL for the graduate degree program (2nd program):
Name of the sustainability-focused, graduate-level degree program (3rd program):
A brief description of the graduate degree program (3rd program):
This program aims to provide a wide range of skills enabling active elements in the promotion and / or development of food-rich, safe and attractive regard to its palatability, suitability and sustainability, taking into account food security and the acceptance of the food by the consumer.
In more specific terms, the program aim to develop the following competences:
- Participation in measures on hygiene and food safety, in the scope of agrifood companies;
- Leadership in actions that aim the modification of attitudes and behaviors for healthy and sustainable food consumption practices;
- Leadership in marketing and marketing actions within the agri-food business.
- Participation in the processes of creation, development and implementation of new products;
- Intervention in the processing, distribution / consumption;
- Design and management of projects in the area of food consumption.
The website URL for the graduate degree program (3rd program):
The name and website URLs of all other sustainability-focused graduate-level degree programs:
Master's Degree in Women Studies - Gender, Citizenship and Development
Does the institution offer one or more graduate-level sustainability-focused minors, concentrations or certificates?:
Name of the graduate-level sustainability-focused minor, concentration or certificate:
A brief description of the graduate minor, concentration or certificate:
This course allows senior technicians to update their reference knowledge in the light of the new challenges facing them in the context of city policy and especially the framing of policies for sustainable cities, for example under the Sustainable Cities 2020 "(Council of Ministers Resolution 61/2015).
On the other hand, the way in which information is commonly made available, which segments knowledge related to land planning issues and almost never allows its reading as an integrated management model, justified the development of this training plan, where the city, the building , energy and transport are articulated as a single, holistic process that can best meet the needs of citizens.
The website URL for the graduate minor, concentration or certificate:
Name of the graduate-level sustainability-focused minor, concentration or certificate (2nd program):
A brief description of the graduate minor, concentration or certificate (2nd program):
The course will be taught by professors of the Technical-Scientific Unit of Civil Engineering (UTC-EC) of the Superior School of Technology, who also have experience in the field of engineering and construction, with emphasis on building sustainability and knowledge in Civil Engineering and Sustainable Design and Construction.
This course is part of the training provided in the UTC-EC and allows future graduates, in addition to updating knowledge and acquiring skills to intervene in the built park, to choose to integrate other formations, degree lecturers, in the same area of training that complements the knowledge acquired.
The website URL for the graduate minor, concentration or certificate (2nd program):
Name of the graduate-level sustainability-focused minor, concentration or certificate (3rd program):
A brief description of the graduate minor, concentration or certificate (3rd program):
This seminar aims to foster dialogue between European students on sustainable development, based on a multi-disciplinary analysis of a set of case studies. Students from various nationalities and distance and conventional universities will be directly confronted with different approaches to the issue of sustainability, with the aim of introducing changes in society and thus contributing to the construction of a more sustainable Europe. The case studies commonly available are:
• Climate change and resilient coastal regions (University of Oldenburg, Germany)
• Innovation in European nature conservation policy (Open Universiteit, Netherlands)
• Geoconservation - The Hateg Geopark (University of Bucharest, Romania )
• Quality of life versus environmental pressures in Europe (Charles University, Czech Republic)
• Urban Solid Waste Management (Open University, Portugal)
• Sustainable Tourism and Regional Development (University of Graz, Austria)
The website URL for the graduate minor, concentration or certificate (3rd program):
The name and website URLs of all other graduate-level, sustainability-focused minors, concentrations and certificates:
Additional documentation to support the submission: