|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Submission Date||Feb. 27, 2017|
Universidad de Monterrey
PA-1: Sustainability Coordination
|1.00 / 1.00||
Center for Sustainability
Does the institution have at least one sustainability committee, office, and/or officer that focuses on sustainability broadly and covers the entire institution?:
A brief description of the activities and substantive accomplishments of the committee(s), office(s), and/or officer(s) during the previous three years:
On January 1, 2011 the Sustainability Center was founded. The main objective is to promote sustainability through education. The Sustainability Center works with Academia so sustainability may be part of the learning outcomes. With Maintenance in energy consumption, water reduction, wasta management, pest control, accesibility among others.
Does the institution have at least one sustainability committee?:
The charter or mission statement of the committee(s) or a brief description of each committee's purview and activities:
To lead UDEM towards sustainable development by generating knowledge and implementing strategies to connect, engage, and involve the community in minimizing the environmental impact of daily life, through co-curricular activities and outreach programs.
Members of each committee, including affiliations and role (e.g. staff, student, or faculty):
Sustainable Student´s Life Commitee: Alicia Cantón Guzmán (Dean of Students Affairs); Hortencia Ruiz Velasco (Director of the sustainability Center)
Sustainable Operations Commitee: Anna Cecilia Cantón (Director of Maintenance and Construction)
The website URL where information about the sustainability committee(s) is available:
Does the institution have at least one sustainability office that includes more than 1 full-time equivalent (FTE) employee?:
A brief description of each sustainability office:
To propel UDEM to the international forefront of educational institutions committed to sustainable development, preserving natural resources, and lessening environmental impact, while engaging the community by marshaling students, embracing advocates, and getting businesspeople and officials on board.
1. To enrich the curricula with education and awareness programs and efforts to yield transformative leadership in students and a sustainable culture, through:
- Insight drawn from experiential and green practice initiatives
- Research at UDEM's facilities to become a carbon-neutral campus
- Participatory action research in underprivileged communities
2. To strengthen the UDEM community through sustainable development initiatives promoting "self-managing" projects that harness science and research-based concrete actions to drive sustainability.
3. To foster alliances and synergies enabling sustainable action programs and research to expand. To extend sustainability concept (being) and practice (doing) experiences undertaken at the Center to other organizations furthering Mexico's sustainable development.
Full-time equivalent (FTE) of people employed in the sustainability office(s):
The website URL where information about the sustainability office(s) is available:
Does the institution have at least one sustainability officer?:
Name and title of each sustainability officer:
A brief description of each sustainability officer position:
The director´s mission is to connect, engage and add to the sustainability actions of the UDEM community, as well as the definition of the investigation lines to achieve the mission of the Center.
The website URL where information about the sustainability officer(s) is available:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.