|Overall Rating||Silver - expired|
|Liaison||YOLANDA MENDOZA CAVAZOS|
|Submission Date||Nov. 27, 2017|
Universidad Autonoma de Tamaulipas
PA-13: Wellness Program
|1.00 / 1.00||
Does the institution have a wellness program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all students?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all staff?:
Does the institution have a wellness and/or employee assistance program that makes counseling, referral, and wellbeing services available to all faculty?:
A brief description of the institution’s wellness and/or employee assistance program(s), including information to support each affirmative response above :
For the students we have an insurance that cover health, psychological or other kind of problems that can be related with the activities in the University. This insurance is a public service called IMSS (Mexican Institute of Social Security), and all the students received preventive courses through it. In that courses IMSS includes: birth control, stress control, weight control, diabetes, cholesterol prevention, among others. (http://www.imss.gob.mx/derechoH).
Another health program for the students inside the University is the Sports and Recreation Program. Its objective is to provide a healthy life style in the students through some sport discipline. The Sports and Recreation Programs encourage the students to participate in state, national and international competences and develops the well-being program.
For the staff and professors we have an administrative and academic courses about health and security in the work place.
In 2014, the staff and professors had the following workshops/courses:
1) Hygiene and Security in the workplace (13 hours course, 55 assistants, two campuses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0-Yhl25Ksk)
2) Neurolinguistic Programing Course (12 hours, 110 assistants, two campuses) (http://www.hoytamaulipas.net/notas/61563/Imparten-diplomado-en-Neuroling%C3%BCistica-a-personal-de-la-UAT.html)
3) Executive Writing (12 hours, 176 assistants, two campuses) (http://www.metronoticias.com.mx/nota.cgi?id=280065, http://intranet.uat.edu.mx/dit/videoconferencia/Lists/Calendario/DispForm.aspx?ID=10686)
4) Stress control in the workplace (5 hours, 85 assistants, two campuses)
5) Emotional Intelligence applied in customer service (5 hours, 80 assistants, two campuses) (http://intranet.uat.edu.mx/dit/videoconferencia/Lists/Calendario/DispForm.aspx?ID=10599)
6) Induction Workshop for new personnel (3 hrs course, 60 assistants, main campus)
All the Union members have the following benefits that support their well-being and better quality of life (Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas Collective Work Contract) (http://www.sutauat.org.mx/Contrato_Colectivo_12.pdf):
1) If a person has to be changed, the University will pay a bonus for transportation expenses.
2) If a person work for a one year period and that work is necessary for the services of the University, the worker will be contracted as base worker
3) The extra labor hours will be paid 100% of the normal working hours. This hours cannot be exceed 3 hours a day and three days a week.
4) The woman that work extra hours in extraordinary services, will be paid 200% per hour.
5) If a worker has to work in rest days or holidays, the worker will received the extra full day salary.
6) Every worker has two days of rest for each five days of work.
7) All the workers that have being working for six months to 15 years, will have 3 periods of holidays a year. One of 5 days, the second of 10 days and the third for 12 days. The workers that have being working from 15 to 20 years, will have another 4th period of 5 days in the same year.
8) All the workers will received a pantry bonus each holiday period.
9) All the workers will received a vacation pay each holiday period.
10) It will be an annual salary increase.
11) All the workers have the opportunity to make a capacity test in order to increase their salary and the working category.
12) The University has the obligation to bring competence, conditions and antiquity equity
13) The University has the obligation the make all the necessary test to new workers
14) The University has the obligation to respect the University Budget in the all the contracts
15) The University has the obligation to cover all the contributions in order that all the worker Union has a social security
16) The University has the obligation to observe all the laws and regulations to prevent accidents in the working place with machinery or working materials.
17) The University has the obligation to proportionate all the materials and instruments that will be used for their work.
18) The University has the obligation to proportionate permission to absence for sickness if the IMSS give the correspondent sickness letter.
19) The University has the obligation to prepare courses, test or workshops to the Union, in order to increase their salary or the working category
20) The University provide all the school expenses to the children of the Union in preprimary school, primary and secondary school and high school. In case that the worker register his son in a private school, the University will provide the 50% of all the school expenses. In professional studies (undergraduate and graduate), all the children of the Union will have a 100% scholarship in Universidad Autónoma de Tamaulipas; in the case that they register in the particular University because our University doesn´t have the program that the student are looking for, UAT will provide the 50% of all the college expenses but the student has to have 8.0 average.
21) The University has to bring facilities to the working students. The University will pay the books.
22) The University has the obligation to proportionate adequate places to the Union for their offices
23) The University has the obligation to proportionate an official working credential each three years
24) The University has the obligation to proportionate a seven days absence permission with an anticipated applications and describing the reasons of the license application
25) The University has the obligation to proportionate an absence permission with the 100% salary, if the worker has a Union meeting or has to make a government procedure with the Union President letter.
26) The University has the obligation to proportionate an absence permission if a worker of the Union has a 14 year old or less children in the hospital with the hospital letter and the born certificate of the child
27) The University has the obligation to proportionate a five labor day permission if the worker of the Union will be father or in the same case of the adoption of a child
28) The University has the obligation to facilitate a workshops or courses to the workers of the Union or give them permission to assist to external courses or workshops in order to increase their life level and their productivity
29) The woman will enjoy the same rights and obligations of man.
30) The working mothers have the following rights:
- During pregnancy, they will not work in dangerous work (push, pull or load heavy things, stay in foot a long period of time)
- They have 7 weeks of permission (100% paid) before and after childbird
- If is a medical condition, the University can extend that periods.
- In nursing period, the woman will have two 30 minutes periods to feed their child in a place that the University allocate.
- To return to their work after the permission period
- To register their pre and post birth periods
31) If the worker of the Union has to be moved to other city for the IMSS recommendations, the University has the obligation to proportionate a bonus for the worker and a family member for three days period.
32) The University will provide to the workers of the Union, glasses, orthopedic appliances, hearing, prothesis, orthoses and 100% of intraocular lenses when the IMSS doctor dictate the necessity of those appliances.
33) The University covers 55% of the odonatological services in the Universities’ Clinics and a 35% of the specialist odonatological services.
34) The University will provide a bonus each month for the Union’s workers for the rent matter.
35) The University will provide a bonus each month for the Union’s workers for the larder matter.
36) The University will provide a productivity bonus at the end of the year to the workers with more than one year of services. Plus they will receive an annual bonus at January.
37) The University will provide all the worker death expenses plus an 18 months of salary for the family. This is independent of the working period of the worker
38) The University has the obligation to increase the credit line of the existing credit bank line that could be granted between February and November of the year. The worker has the obligation to accomplish all the requirements.
39) The University has the obligation to give to the Union’s workers a bonus on December for shoes plus two working outfits on January and two on August
40) The University has the obligation to proportionate to the Union’s workers a place and sports’ instruments when they ask in advance for a tournament.
41) For the drivers, the University will provide all the license’s expenses.
42) For the guards, the University will provide them with a security stalls in all the gates of the University.
43) For the Union’s workers that work unhealthy places, the University will give them a bonus and personal protection equipment.
44) The University will pay an amount for trips expenses to the drivers
45) The University will provide two bonus in a year for each workers’ children that are studying
46) The University compromise to bring a kinder garden for the workers’ children with the IMSS.
47) The University will celebrate with the Union’s workers or the retired the following dates: The Children’s Day, The Mother’s Day and Christmas.
48) The University will cooperate for the celebration of the Union’s Anniversary.
- Will pay a years of service special bonus for all the workers: for 15 years of service, will receive 20 days of salary; for 20 years of service, 25 days of salary; for 30 years of service, 40 days of salary; and for more than 35 years of service, a special bonus.
49) The University will provide a sum for the administrative expenses of the Union
50) The University will provide free legal advice
51) The University will provide to all the Union’s workers who has a real state credit, all the design project costs.
52) The workers that are in a year librarianship courses will receive a 100% of their salary during the course.
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.