|Submission Date||Feb. 15, 2012|
ER-4: Sustainability Outreach and Publications
Institution produces outreach materials and/or publications that foster sustainability learning and knowledge. The publications and outreach materials may include the following:
- A central sustainability website that consolidates information about the institution’s sustainability efforts
- A sustainability newsletter
- A vehicle to publish and disseminate student research on sustainability
- Building signage that highlights green building features
- Food service area signage and/or brochures that include information about sustainable food systems
- Signage on the grounds about sustainable groundskeeping strategies employed
- A sustainability walking map or tour
- A guide for commuters about how to use alternative methods of transportation
- A guide for green living and incorporating sustainability into the residential experience
- Regular coverage of sustainability in the main student newspaper, either through a regular column or a reporter assigned to the sustainability beat
This credit applies to all institutions.
Institutions earn 0.5 points for each publication and/or outreach material described above. Institutions with eight or more publications or outreach materials earn the maximum of 4 points available for this credit.
Report on currently used outreach materials and publications only.
Sampling and Data Standards
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.