|Submission Date||March 6, 2020|
IN-30: Sanctuary Institution
|0.25 / 0.50||
Director of Sustainability
Office of Sustainability
Has the institution been formally designated as an institution of sanctuary by Universities of Sanctuary (UK), University of Sanctuary Ireland, or an equivalent third party recognition program?:
Is the institution officially self-declared to be an institution of sanctuary?:
Documentation affirming the institution’s official sanctuary status:
Website URL where information affirming the institution's sanctuary status is available:
A brief description of the institution’s policies and programs to welcome, support, and protect asylum seekers, refugees, and/or undocumented immigrants:
Swarthmore College supports the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and urges its continuation in the next administration. Accordingly, we reaffirm our commitment to ensure that undocumented and DACA students continue to be admitted without regard to their financial status and continue to have full access to financial aid.
- The College will not voluntarily share student information with immigration enforcement officials;
- The College will not voluntarily grant access to College property to immigration enforcement officials;
- The College will not support the enforcement actions of immigration officials on campus. Public Safety will continue to refrain from inquiring about or recording the immigration status of community members;
- The College is not enrolled in “e-verify" and will not do so; and
- The College does not make housing decisions based on immigration status and will not do so.
Additional documentation to support the submission:
This data was assembled by representatives of the Office of Sustainability.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.