|Submission Date||Aug. 1, 2011|
State University of New York at Oswego
PAE-4: Sustainability Plan
Director of Facilities Construction and Sustainability
Does the institution have a sustainability plan that meets the criteria for this credit?:
A brief description of how multiple stakeholder groups were involved in developing the plan:
The plan was developed by the collaboration of the campus administration and Faculty and students. Original committees included the Climate Academic Steering Committee, Operational Sustainability Committee and Campus Environmental Advisory Committee and the Campus Concept Committee.
A brief description of the plan’s measurable goals :
• Make climate neutrality and sustainability an integral part of the curriculum and campus life
• Research, develop and implement strategies to improve our sustainability
• Measure, evaluate and communicate our environmental impact
• Develop and offer community programs that will increase the community's awareness of sustainability options
• Engage other institutions and organizations in this initiative.
A brief description of how progress in meeting the plan’s goals is measured:
The Sustainability Strategy was developed to be a guiding document for the campus. The continued assessment of our progress is within the charge of the President's Climate and Environmental Sustainability Team and the resposibilities of the Sustainability Coordinator.
The website URL where more information about the sustainability plan is available:
The year the plan was developed or last updated:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.