|Submission Date||March 8, 2018|
State University of New York at New Paltz
IN-22: Campus Pride Index
|0.50 / 0.50||
Compliance & Campus Climate
Institution’s current Campus Pride Index rating (3 Stars, 3.5 Stars, 4 Stars, 4.5 Stars, 5 Stars):
A brief description of the institution’s LGBTQ-inclusive policies, programs and practices:
SUNY New Paltz's LGBTQIA+ policies, practices, and programs include:
* Our LGBTQ coordinator Emma Morcone who provides broad support for students, faculty, and staff at SUNY New Paltz.
* Members of the LGBTQIA+ community sit on the Diversity and Inclusion Council. For more info, visit http://www.newpaltz.edu/diversity/
* The campus operates one student and one employee listserve for the LGTBQIA+ community. There is also an allies listserve. For more info, visit: http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/listserve.html
* LGTBQIA+ issues are included in our Diversity and Inclusion Plan of April 2017. For more info, visit: http://www.newpaltz.edu/media/New%20Paltz%20Diversity%20Plan%20April%202017%20FINAL.pdf
* Our campus runs a New Paltz Allies program, a safe space program open to students, faculty, and staff. Participants attend a training workshop and receive an Allies sticker to place on their office or residence hall door. For more info, visit http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/allies.html
* Residence Life and Academic Affairs coordinate the Rivera House, an LGBTQ+ living-learning community based in Lenape Hall. For more information, visit: https://www.newpaltz.edu/wmnstudies/riverahouse.html
* The campus offers gender neutral housing and gender neutral restrooms. http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/housing.html
* The campus has a preferred name policy. https://www.newpaltz.edu/registrar/38-056_preferredname.pdf
* The campus conducted an LGBTQ Campus Climate Survey in January of 2014.
* Students led three LGBTQIA+ student organizations including New Paltz Pride, Queens and Kings of New Paltz, TRANSaction.
* Our Anti-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment Policy includes sexual orientation and gender identity. For more info, visit: https://www.newpaltz.edu/hr/aa_antiharassment.html
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission:
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.