|Submission Date||March 8, 2018|
State University of New York at New Paltz
IN-22: Campus Pride Index
|0.50 / 0.50||
Compliance & Campus Climate
Institution’s current Campus Pride Index rating (3 Stars, 3.5 Stars, 4 Stars, 4.5 Stars, 5 Stars):
A brief description of the institution’s LGBTQ-inclusive policies, programs and practices:
SUNY New Paltz's LGBTQIA+ policies, practices, and programs include:
* Our LGBTQ coordinator Emma Morcone who provides broad support for students, faculty, and staff at SUNY New Paltz.
* Members of the LGBTQIA+ community sit on the Diversity and Inclusion Council. For more info, visit http://www.newpaltz.edu/diversity/
* The campus operates one student and one employee listserve for the LGTBQIA+ community. There is also an allies listserve. For more info, visit: http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/listserve.html
* LGTBQIA+ issues are included in our Diversity and Inclusion Plan of April 2017. For more info, visit: http://www.newpaltz.edu/media/New%20Paltz%20Diversity%20Plan%20April%202017%20FINAL.pdf
* Our campus runs a New Paltz Allies program, a safe space program open to students, faculty, and staff. Participants attend a training workshop and receive an Allies sticker to place on their office or residence hall door. For more info, visit http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/allies.html
* Residence Life and Academic Affairs coordinate the Rivera House, an LGBTQ+ living-learning community based in Lenape Hall. For more information, visit: https://www.newpaltz.edu/wmnstudies/riverahouse.html
* The campus offers gender neutral housing and gender neutral restrooms. http://www.newpaltz.edu/lgbtq/housing.html
* The campus has a preferred name policy. https://www.newpaltz.edu/registrar/38-056_preferredname.pdf
* The campus conducted an LGBTQ Campus Climate Survey in January of 2014.
* Students led three LGBTQIA+ student organizations including New Paltz Pride, Queens and Kings of New Paltz, TRANSaction.
* Our Anti-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment Policy includes sexual orientation and gender identity. For more info, visit: https://www.newpaltz.edu/hr/aa_antiharassment.html
The website URL where information about the programs or initiatives is available:
Additional documentation to support the submission: