|Submission Date||Nov. 23, 2016|
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
OP-15: Inclusive and Local Purchasing
|0.49 / 1.00||
Director of Procurement Services
Does the institution have an institution-wide stated intent to support disadvantaged businesses, social enterprises, and/or local community-based businesses?:
A copy of the policy, guidelines or directive governing inclusive and local purchasing:
The policy, guidelines or directive governing inclusive and local purchasing:
To increase supplier diversity, the following have been implemented:
• Encourage contractors to subcontract to and purchase supplies from diverse vendors.
• Added CMS BEP Certified Vendor Search and BEP Certification Process to the SIU Carbondale Procurement Services Web page.
• Implemented an enhanced reporting P-Card system to capture information about Diversified Vendors.
• Attend Minority Fairs/Seminars.
• Diversity clause added to RFQs and RFPs.
• Host Vendor Opportunity Fair to promote participation of potential vendors by understanding the University’s procurement process.
Does the institution wish to pursue Part 2 of this credit (inclusive and local expenditures)?:
The percentage of total purchases from disadvantaged businesses, social enterprises and/or local community-based businesses:
The website URL where information about the institution’s inclusive and local purchasing policies and/or program is available:
Southern Illinois University Carbondale requested that AASHE Staff correct a mistake in this reporting field for the reason specified below.Previous Value: http://www.procurement.siu.edu/vendors.html
Explanation: Website URL has changed.
The information presented here is self-reported. While AASHE
staff review portions of all STARS reports and institutions are welcome to seek additional forms of review, the data in STARS reports are not verified by AASHE. If you believe any of this information is erroneous or inconsistent with credit criteria, please review the process for inquiring about the information reported by an institution and complete the Data Inquiry Form.